Re: Doc: NR section 3.5.x MIDI file creation tidy up (issue 120480043 by

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: Doc: NR section 3.5.x MIDI file creation tidy up (issue 120480043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 23:43:00 +0000

I'm pretty happy with this now.  Just a few relatively minor comments.

Trevor

https://codereview.appspot.com/120480043/diff/200001/Documentation/notation/input.itely
File Documentation/notation/input.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/120480043/diff/200001/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode2677
Documentation/notation/input.itely:2677: To create a MIDI output file
from a LilyPond input file, insert an empty
It doesn't have to be empty.  Maybe "insert a @code{\midi} block,
usually empty, within ..."

https://codereview.appspot.com/120480043/diff/220001/Documentation/notation/input.itely
File Documentation/notation/input.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/120480043/diff/220001/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode2683
Documentation/notation/input.itely:2683: To create a MIDI output file
from a LilyPond input file, insert an empty
It doesn't have to be empty.  Maybe "insert a @code{\midi} block,
usually empty,
within ..."

https://codereview.appspot.com/120480043/diff/220001/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode2852
Documentation/notation/input.itely:2852: @code{channel 10 drum-kits}
entries listed in @file{scm/midi.scm} for
I'm not convinced this is an improvement.  It is unfair to expect
non-programming drummers to (a) locate a file buried deep in the file
hierarchy and (b) understand enough of Scheme to read far enough to find
this.  I think the original wording was more helpful, although I don't
mind adding the reference to the Scheme file with something like, "a
full list can be found ... ".  But then you'd need to add a @seealso to
LM 4.7.4 Other sources of information.

https://codereview.appspot.com/120480043/diff/220001/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode2880
Documentation/notation/input.itely:2880: turns) to be processed.A full
list of supported items can be found in
2 spaces please

https://codereview.appspot.com/120480043/diff/220001/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode2881
Documentation/notation/input.itely:2881: the script itself.  See
@file{ly/articulate.ly}.
Another @seealso to 4.7.4 Other sources of information.

https://codereview.appspot.com/120480043/