Re: thinking twice about the new issue tracker

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: thinking twice about the new issue tracker
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 11:27:33 +0200

Il giorno mer 2 set 2015 alle 11:11, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> ha scritto:
 meanwhile
 we use Bitbucket or Github? Not Free services, I know, but at least
 their
 business model seems honest.

This is on the GC FAQ covering migration to GitHub:

 Error "Project cannot be migrated because it has too many issues."
 There is a hard limit on the number of issues that can be exported
 by the tool, per repo.
 If your project has more than 1,000 issues the export will fail.

We have over 4,000.  With image attachments.

That was the one-button migration.
I followed this guide:
https://code.google.com/p/support-tools/wiki/IssueExporterTool

And migrated the issues in 10 minutes.
I made the bitbucket repository public:
https://bitbucket.org/fedelibre/lilyissues/issues?status=new&status=open

Example of image attachment:
https://bitbucket.org/fedelibre/lilyissues/issues/3255/with-dimensions-doesnt-affect-the-overall

But type, labels and priorities are not imported correctly in bitbucket.
I'll try with github also.