Re: Scheme output changes in ly:make-duration and ly:make-pitch

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Scheme output changes in ly:make-duration and ly:make-pitch
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 21:48:46 +0200

Karim Haddad <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have written a parser that transcribes lilypond scheme output from
> \displayMusic .
>
> Something has drastically changed (?)

No.

> since version 2.19.x It is not documented yet (?)

The Internals Reference lists all those functions.

> the format in 2.18.x was (ly:make-duration 2 0 1)
> in 2.19 : (ly:make-duration 2)

(ly:make-duration 2 0 1) continues to work as before, it's just that the
last two arguments are optional, defaulting to 0 and 1.

> for pitch
> 2.18 :  (ly:make-pitch 0 0 0)
> 2.19 :  (ly:make-pitch 0 0)

Same here.

> Can someone confirm this, and tell me please what should be the
> standard in the next coming stable version so i can fix my parser
> again accordingly.

The previous input remains valid and still needs to be parsed
correctly.  You also might want to look at (ly:make-moment ...) which
has been able to take rational arguments (instead of just integers in
lieu for them) for some time.