Re: SVG output problems - TexGyre vs Century Schoolbook - not embedding

From: James
Subject: Re: SVG output problems - TexGyre vs Century Schoolbook - not embedding fonts
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 11:32:50 +0100

Hosada-san

On 13/09/15 23:00, Masamichi HOSODA wrote:
>>> In my experiment, by LilyPond 2.19.22 (before changing fonts to TeX Gyre),
>>> SVG output is not embeded text fonts.
>>> So I think that SVG backend does not embed any text fonts
>>> independently of font changing to TeX Gyre.
>>>
>> Did you use the downloadable binary or from git directly?
>>
>> Also it does say in the instructions that the Century Schoolbook OTF
>> files needed to be available (and suggests that a user puts them in
>> ~/.fonts) did you do this?
> I use cygwin64's packaged binary.
> Century Schoolbook L OTFs exist in ~/.fonts.
> So fc-list can find Century Schoolbook L OTFs.

That is not standard I think.

I have checked on my home and office systems (they are both using
different distributions of Linux) and I don't have any Schoolbook OTF
fonts seen by fc-list (or in my .fonts).

I guess I will need to test this. Using an earlier build.

Can you tell me which TexGyre 'font family' specifically replaced
Century Schoolbook

James