Re: "Critical error" starting LilyDev

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: "Critical error" starting LilyDev
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 08:09:53 +0100

Il giorno mar 10 nov 2015 alle 5:11, John Gourlay <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Federico,

Thank you very much for your help.

I ran "sudo usermod -aG vboxsf $(whoami)" and it fixed the permission-denied problem. Making this happen by default in LilyDev sounds like a good idea to me.

Great, I'll do it. Thanks for the feedback.

The Contributor’s Guide says nothing about ca-certificates or Reitveld and it says that git-cl is already installed for LilyDev users, so maybe you can forgive my beginner's confusion. I’ll trust that I need ca-certificates. How do I get it?

It's just an error in the released image that you installed. It's been fixed already and next image will work. Now you need to install it. You can use the Synaptic package manager or the command line:

sudo apt-get install ca-certificates

git-cl is installed but the https connection to Rietveld server won't work without ca-certificates.

I can repost the rest of my message with a subject line like, “Beginning contributor needs mentor”. Do you think this will attract the attention of the right people?

Yes, this is perfect