Re: Implement make-bow-stencil, make-tie-stencil for use in markup-comma

From: dak
Subject: Re: Implement make-bow-stencil, make-tie-stencil for use in markup-commands undertie and overtie (issue 270640043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 21:51:19 +0000

Sorry for yet finding more stuff that, after all, could likely be
improved.  At least I did so pretty quickly this time.

https://codereview.appspot.com/270640043/diff/60001/scm/define-markup-commands.scm
File scm/define-markup-commands.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/270640043/diff/60001/scm/define-markup-commands.scm#newcode623
scm/define-markup-commands.scm:623: (direction DOWN)
Should this markup command be called "undertie" or should it rather be
"tie", with "undertie" explicitly overriding `direction'?

Because the rather explicit name '\undertie' seems a bit inconsistent
with the behavior of

{
  c'1^\markup \undertie hm
}

where the direction is determined by the direction specified for the
TextScript.

https://codereview.appspot.com/270640043/diff/60001/scm/stencil.scm
File scm/stencil.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/270640043/diff/60001/scm/stencil.scm#newcode86
scm/stencil.scm:86: (interval-index '(0 . 1) offset-index))
This is just (+ 0.1 (* 0.3 angularity)) I think and right-control would
then be (- 1 left-control).

I think that with the points being based on (0 . 1), the combined
interval-index/offset-index calculation (which never was hotness itself)
is not exactly making things clearer.

https://codereview.appspot.com/270640043/