New issue (4661): Improve naming of music functions `overrideProperty` a

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: New issue (4661): Improve naming of music functions `overrideProperty` and `propertyOverride`
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 01:46:55 +0100

Hello,

please comment (preferably in the tracker, I think):

"All of the names |overrideProperty| and |property[Override|Revert|Set|Tweak|Unset]| are not quite descriptive, which is a hurdle in understanding their function, small for the latter but large for the former. Also, |overrideProperty| and |propertyOverride| are easy to confuse.

For |overrideProperty|, I suggest to name it |overrideDelayed|, which should give a hint at the actual purpose of the function. For the others, I find it more difficult to come up with a suggestion – |overrideAsMusicFunction| is a /tiny/ bit clumsy. Perhaps |override-scm| and the like? This would be quite descriptive IMO, but would likely not be applicable if there is a situation where one would need (or want) to call it from without Scheme."

<https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/4661/>

Thank you,
Simon