Re: New contributor mentor program?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: New contributor mentor program?
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 21:26:17 +0100

> Hey developers,

Hi Sam,

welcome to the pond.
(got your mail with big delay)

> Not sure if this is the right place for this question,

it surely is.

> but does anyone know
> if the mentorship program described in the documentation still exists, and
> if so how I could get set up with one?

As far as I can tell, the mentorship program was a great idea. I'm not
sure whether it ever worked as wished.
As a scheme-guy and none-native speaker I'm the wrong person to serve
as a mentor for someone with your skills.

Though, I'd suggest to ask on this list, if anything is not clear.
You'll surely get  an answer.

> I have experience in c++ and java,
> but none in open source contribution and after reading the documentation
> I'm still not sure how to get started.

In general, set up git and start working on a project.
There are a plethora of issues on our bug-tracker, ofcourse you may
also want starting work on an own project. I never had problems to
find a problem...
If you stuck somewhere ask here.

> Thanks for your help and working on
> this superb project!