Re: Assertion failed

From: anders . vinjar
Subject: Re: Assertion failed
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 13:49:30 +0100

[followup only to lilypond-devel]
    D> The triggering assertions should likely as a first measure be
    D> replaced by programming errors and fixed at some point of time.

I'm sure you're right, but in the meantime i can't use the tool :-/

>From what i see only 2 of us have been whining about problems with this
since May, so the things braking may be rather sparse.  I'll send
bactraces of 2 breaks in another post, perhaps these are easy fixes.

Would a programming error spit out a warning instead of crashing?  If so
i could compile my scores, and make a note of the warnings.  Or perhaps
there are other ways to set up debugging options leaving the program
useful?

-anders