Mode transformations?

From: Daniel Ley
Subject: Mode transformations?
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 17:10:05 -0500

Hi,
     I'm very new to LilyPond, but I have not been able to find a
functionality that enables me to convert a series of notes from one mode to
another with a shared root note.  For instance, I couldn't find something
that will allow me to convert a series of notes from C Major directly to C
Lydian.  If there is already a way to do this, please let me know,
otherwise, I would be interested in trying to help implement this in any
way I could.

Thanks,
--
Daniel Ley