Re: Improve beam count handling with subdivided beams (issue 276560043 b

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Improve beam count handling with subdivided beams (issue 276560043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 11:50:44 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/276560043/diff/20001/Documentation/snippets/subdividing-beams.ly
File Documentation/snippets/subdividing-beams.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/276560043/diff/20001/Documentation/snippets/subdividing-beams.ly#newcode7
Documentation/snippets/subdividing-beams.ly:7: %% Note: this file works
from version 2.19.34
Urs, any snippet that is in Document/Snippets/new/.., shouldn't have the
header. It just starts with the '\version' number.

If you are creating a new snippet then obviously you don't add the
heading and just submit the patch with the new file in
.../smippets/new/..

If you are editing an existing snippet then edit the snippet that is in
'new' (if there is one) and upload the patch, or if the snippet is not
in new - then it is going to from the LSR probably - but still needs to
be copied from wherever it is in Documentation/snippets/... (without
header) into snippets/new/.. so that the build stuff/makelsr can do its
thing and update/overwrite the existing file.

I guess the CG could be clearer on this (it's on my todo list) - I
forget all the nuances between LSR and ..Documentation/snippets/*

Finally if you are changing a snippet then you need to run makelsr so
that any snippet in snippets/new gets updated and copied to the correct
place for doc build to reference (assuming it appears in the main docs
like NR) or for it to be included in the snippet pdfs.

But ...

Normally we don't (or at least I don't) run makelsr and then submit the
patch for review (as it can make reviewing your changes a chore) but it
will need to be run to test the patch (I do that manually often) and it
is also good practice to submit makelsr as a separate commit when
pushing any changes t hat involve snippets. I assume to make it easier
to manage if something goes wrong.

If I have got any of this wrong then perhaps someone can correct me so I
can update the LSR section of the CG.

https://codereview.appspot.com/276560043/