Confusing standard output

From: John Gourlay
Subject: Confusing standard output
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 21:09:12 -0500

I’ve noticed that LilyPond 2.19.35 on some valid ly files produces standard
output meaningless to me. In addition to the standard output saying,
“Processing”, "Parsing”, etc., it outputs two copies of a long list that starts
“(list ‘abs-fontsize-markup”. These lists appear if the input ly file contains
a \header block, and the lists do not appear if the input lacks a \header. Is
this a feature I don’t understand, or a bug? If it’s a bug, can someone give me
a pointer that will help me figure out how to fix it? I’m looking for an easy,
first contribution to LilyPond development, and hoping this might be it.

John Gourlay