Re: Snippet 706: Generating custom flags

From: Masamichi HOSODA
Subject: Re: Snippet 706: Generating custom flags
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 17:33:09 +0900 (JST)

>> To use LuaTeX, I've tried following command.
>>
>> $ PDFTEX=luatex PDFLATEX=lualatex make -j 16 CPU_COUNT=16 LANGS='' doc
>>
>> Then, it shows the following error.
>>
>> ```
>> ./18/lily-10433670.texidoc:3: Undefined control sequence.
>> l.3 ...on, which assigns the symbols *, †, ‡, §
>>                                                    and ¶ to
>> ```
>>
>> If I understand correctly,
>> it seems that LuaTeX with texinfo.tex can not handle the following letters.
>> § U+00A7 SECTION SIGN
>> ¶ U+00B6 PILCROW SIGN
>
> This is a bug (most probably in luatex) which I've meanwhile reported
> to the texinfo team.  Maybe they can fix it easily with a modification
> of `texinfo.tex' – a long-term fix in luatex doesn't help us right
> now.
>
> Until then, we might replace `§' and `¶' (the latter character also
> fails with luatex), with the commands address@hidden' and address@hidden',
> respectively.
> Patch appended.

Thank you for your informatin.

At least the following letters are failed with same error:
ø U+00F8 LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH STROKE (\o) in internals and music-glossary,
ù U+00F9 LATIN SMALL LETTER U WITH GRAVE (\`u) in snippets,
ü U+00FC LATIN SMALL LETTER U WITH DIAERESIS (\"u) in essay.

Also, many other letters will be failed.

\S and \P may be minor.
So they can be replaced easily.

However, If I understand correctly, \"u is major in german text.
It is difficult to replace all \"u, isn't it?

Moreover, there are other errors as following.

```
/home/trueroad/git/lilypond/lilypond/Documentation/contributor/introduction.itex
i:98: This command can appear only outside of any environment, not in environme
nt @quotation.
@badenverr ...temp , not @inenvironment @thisenv }

@checkenv address@hidden @thisenv @temp @else @badenverr
                                                  @fi
@\node #1->@checkenv {}
                       @donode #1 ,@finishnodeparse
l.98 @node Summary for experienced developers
```

```
./learning/tutorial.texi:107: This command can appear only outside of any envir
onment, not in environment @quotation.
@badenverr ...temp , not @inenvironment @thisenv }

@checkenv address@hidden @thisenv @temp @else @badenverr
                                                  @fi
@\node #1->@checkenv {}
                       @donode #1 ,@finishnodeparse
l.107 @node Producing output
```

```
./notation/pitches.texi:924: This command can appear only outside of any enviro
nment, not in environment @quotation.
@badenverr ...temp , not @inenvironment @thisenv }

@checkenv address@hidden @thisenv @temp @else @badenverr
                                                  @fi
@\node #1->@checkenv {}
                       @donode #1 ,@finishnodeparse
l.924 @node Note names in other languages
```

```
./usage/running.texi:406: This command can appear only in environment @table, n
ot in environment @quotation.
@badenverr ...temp , not @inenvironment @thisenv }

@checkenv address@hidden @thisenv @temp @else @badenverr
                                                  @fi
@\end ...pandafter @checkenv @csname address@hidden
                                                  @csname address@hidden @end...
l.406 @end table
```

```
./web.texi:112: File ended while scanning use of \doignoretext.
<inserted text>
@par
@scanmacro ...atspaces address@hidden address@hidden }
                                                  @aftermacro