Re: broken doc build (orchestra.ly)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: broken doc build (orchestra.ly)
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 14:08:12 +0200

James Lowe <address@hidden> writes:

> My make doc issue has come back :(
>
> Taking a few more minutes to try and diagnose the problem - it is the
> same again, as Knut had. With the same error on processing
> orchestra.ly.

Bah.  Let's try getting a post mortem backtrace from it.

Basically, you do

ulimit -c 400000 # Assuming that a 400MB core is enough

then you run the tests.  Now when the assertion failure happens, it will
leave a file named "core" in the directory where the program was
started (probably Documentation/ly-examples).

You can probably look for it using

find -name core

in your LilyPond directory.

Then you do

    gdb out/bin/lilypond Documentation/ly-examples/core

and should be able to tell gdb to

    backtrace

Be sure that you don't have an old core file lying around: I think that
Linux does not overwrite preexisting core files.