Re: Still cannot make doc :(

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Still cannot make doc :(
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 13:52:29 +0200

James Lowe <address@hidden> writes:

> I think this a a completely different issue that you have, perhaps,
> self-inflicted here and this is just adding noise to the thread.

I disagree that it is just adding noise to the thread: it may well
explain why we have outliers regarding the reports concerning
architecture: having a different problem responsible there is clarifying
things.

> Finally, as I cannot make doc still, I cannot test patches, am not
> really checking my emails as much as I normally do, other than to drop
> by for the patch countdown - which doesn't need me to compile
> anything. It also means, as you can all see, that staging is not being
> merged and I have both my home and work machines running on a
> patchy-staging-merge 2 - 4 hour loop but constantly reporting the same
> make doc fail each time they try to merge.
>
> Someone else is going to have to test patches and merge staging for
> now.

I hear your frustration and will be running a staging pass presently.
Sorry for the bad situation.  I am currently rewriting LilyPond's
translators in order to make them better debuggable and the code more
straightforward.

I have to see whether I have a chance to run a 64 bit kernel on my
system: I used to for a few years (and consequently was able to look at
64 bit code), but the current laptop has an Nvidia card and Ubuntu's
kernel/library setup did not manage to integrate the Nvidia proprietary
driver stuff into a 64 bit kernel running on a 32bit userland and the
free drivers did not work reasonably.  Maybe the situation has improved.