Re: Still cannot make doc :(

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Still cannot make doc :(
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 11:14:00 +0200

James <address@hidden> writes:

> Oh Well, Lilydev complains about the same make doc error  when (I use
> -j5) - I am 99% sure, I haven't time now to look at the full output,
> but the messages generated on the console are so familiar that I am
> almost sure it is the same thing.
>
> I have to leave now for Home.

My own LilyPond is now 64bittified so it does not offer anything over
yours.  Issue 4865 compiles for me (well, it got across ly-examples at
least once and I don't care about repeated tries).  Mind you: this is a
code reorganization and mostly mechanical.  It most certainly does _not_
address any potential bug but apparently is enough of a reorganization
that garbage collection now triggers at a different point of time where
the bug wreaks less havoc.

So screw this, I'm pushing that patch to staging out of line.  Let's see
whether lilypond-patchy-staging then not just gets past the ly-examples
but also the rest of the docs.  If it does, for whatever misbegotten
reason, at least we'll stop wasting your time with regular work and I
can get this crap analyzed without time pressure.