Re: ps2pdf issues

From: Masamichi Hosoda
Subject: Re: ps2pdf issues
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 23:12:24 +0900 (JST)

>> PDF outline is not lost.  It is hidden.  The following command can
>> let show it.
>>
>> $ gs -q -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=foo.new.pdf \
>>      foo.pdf -c '[ /PageMode /UseOutlines /DOCVIEW pdfmark'
>
> What exactly do you mean with `hidden'?  Are PDF viewers still capable
> to show the outlines?

Yes.

If you use `ps2pdf foo.pdf foo.new.pdf`,
foo.new.pdf contains PDF outline but PDF viewers do not show it in default.
In this case, you can show it by some operating the PDF viewer.

On the other hand,
if you use the command I showed instead of `ps2pdf`,
PDF viewers show the PDF outline in default.