Programming Language

From: Conor Cook
Subject: Programming Language
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 09:28:34 -0500

Dear Lilypond Developers,

I am embarking on a quest to learn computer programming (or IT help
desk/network administration – suggestions on best choice for career, knowing
there are lots of variables?).  At this point I am learning programming best
practices and general knowledge, but I will need to begin diving deeper into a
language at some point.  Do you have a suggestion for a language to start with?
 Is there a language that would be applicable enough to a general computer
systems career but with an eye towards also applying to Lilypond’s development,
too?  Thank you for any assistance you can offer!

All best,
Conor Cook

Sent from Mail for Windows 10