identifiers with numbers - new LSR-snippet

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: identifiers with numbers - new LSR-snippet
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 08:47:34 +0200

Hi,

http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=1044
"Workaround for using numbers as part of Lilypond variable names"
is a new snippet from a member of the german forum.

I'd like to reject it for several reasons:

1. There's the possibility to use `identifier.1' with newer devel-versions
2. Even in 2.18.2 it was possible to use `identifier¹' and `"identifier1"'
3. I seem to remember there is a problem or limitation when
scheme-variable containing music are called like: { $identifier1 }

Could someone refresh my memory about the last point?

Thanks,
  Harm