Re: GUB, first usage question

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: GUB, first usage question
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 12:33:48 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Urs Liska" <address@hidden>
To: "lilypond-devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 11:51 AM
Subject: GUB, first usage question

Hi all,

I just thought giving GUB a try, despite all the numerous issues people
seem to have with it.

So I went to my server, cloned GUB and ran bin/gub lilypond-installer.
This ran for quite some time and finished with a simple "done", so
obviously successfully (for this limited single target).

What did this create now, where can the results be found?

And, supposing it *did* work successfully, how would I configure it to
build from a given commit/branch?

What I would like to achieve ultimately is to create shareable versions
(i.e. small enough binaries) of custom versions, to be shared with
collaborators who can't use custom builds. So, apart from Linux builds
this would at least imply creating builds for Mac and Windows too (where
running Gub will presumably become more complex).

Urs

Have you read http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/notes-on-builds-with-gub ?

--
Phil Holmes