Re: Web: home page: add examples/images, reduce news to headlines (issue

From: Paul
Subject: Re: Web: home page: add examples/images, reduce news to headlines (issue 306350043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 20:25:14 -0400

On 09/08/2016 12:53 PM, address@hidden wrote:

How about the BWV 861 example from the essay?

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/essay/engraved-examples-_0028bwv-861_0029

It shows fewer features (e.g. instrument names, score title) but shows a
beautiful and complex score.

That seems fine to me.

Carl, would you like me to hold off on pushing my patch until we sort out the example image, or is it ok with you to go ahead and push now and do a different example in a follow-up patch?

Last night I tried to get the BWV 861 example to work, without any luck. I made a ly file for it in the Documentation/ly-examples directory, but I couldn't get the build scripts to make the images from it. With the ly file in that directory and putting references to the example/image into the home page and the examples page, I would just get broken links to a non-existing image, even after running a fresh make, make website, and make doc.

Does anyone know what's needed? How to get the build scripts to see my file and create the example image?

Thanks,
-Paul