Re: How can I read/use properties of LyricText while processing LyricHyp

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: How can I read/use properties of LyricText while processing LyricHyphen?
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 11:04:20 +0200

Hi Knut,

thanks for taking this on!

On 06.10.2016 09:11, Knut Petersen wrote:
To solve issue 1255 I added a "use-markup" and a "text" property to LyricHyphen and changed lyric-hyphen.cc
to use Text_interface::print if the use-markup property is true.

I’d prefer to have an alternative stencil procedure available (so one would choose between e.g. ly:lyric-hyphen::print-graphic and ly:lyric-hyphen::print-text) instead of creating a new property. That would seem more semantically appropriate. Also, shouldn’t it suffice to add text-interface to LyricHyphen, instead of manually adding a ‘text’ property?

Best, Simon