Re: guile-2.0 and debian

From: Antonio Ospite
Subject: Re: guile-2.0 and debian
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 14:34:01 +0100

On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 14:07:08 +0100
David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> Antonio Ospite <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > For instance if David, or someone else, could confirm that patch 0005
> > [1] actually makes sense I would propose it for inclusion in lilypond.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >    Antonio
> >
> > [1]
> > https://ao2.it/tmp/lilypond-guile2/0005-Fix-ending-the-dynamic-extent-in-Text_interface-inte.patch
>
> [Forehead-slap] Looks like the right thing to do but it seems like
> moving it the scm_dynwind_end call before anything else is done might be
> better since non_fatal_error might cause a fatal error (depending on
> command line options) and I am not completely sure that a non-local C++
> exit will properly count as a non-local Scheme exit according to
> scm_dynwind_end's documentation.
>
> It's a non-brainer so I might just push a fix without further notice if
> it's ok with you that I'm stealing your credit in that manner.  If it's
> not ok, I'll get your patch and commit message and do that change with
> you as author.

Sure, if your change is different and better than mine, go a head and
take credit, maybe mention my name in the commit message, with something
like a Thanks-to or a Reported-by tag, but it's not a big deal.

After this was fixed I noticed that I was getting the warnings in a
different order compared to what markup-cyclic-reference.ly was
expecting, see patch 0006[1]. I am not sure if this happens with
guile-1.8 too, so if you got the chance take a look at that too, please.

Thanks again,
   Antonio

[1]
https://ao2.it/tmp/lilypond-guile2/0006-Fix-the-expected-warning-with-guile-2-in-markup-cycl.patch