Re: cross-voice spanners

From: Nathan Chou
Subject: Re: cross-voice spanners
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 13:38:25 -0800

Hi Francisco,

David Kastrup gave me some feedback on the code I wrote for the
project, which needs to be revised/better documented. I haven't had
much time to do that, although I am hoping to start the revision after
I finish my final examinations. At the moment, I can't give any ETA,
but I certainly would like to see the code eventually make it to the
official code base.

I think the snippet you are referring to is the following?

<< { g\=Staff.1\< a } \\ { f e d c\=Staff.1\! } >>
The key command here is \= ... As of version 2.18, this command can
already be used to write overlapping slurs.

The feature was actually implemented in 2.19 about a year ago--I was
mistaken. However I was referring not to the snippet (this could've
probably been clearer), but to the usage of the \= command to write
overlapping slurs in the same voice (which should work in 2.19), like:

{ f\=1( g\=2( a\=1) b\=2) }

Hope this helps!

Nathan