Re: music function to be included somewhere in scm/*

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: music function to be included somewhere in scm/*
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 16:19:13 -0000

Knut Petersen wrote Thursday, December 15, 2016 1:55 PM

> minimum-length in my patch means:
> - Don't generated automatic extenders if it's impossible to give them
> minimum-length.
> - Use minimum-length for forced extenders at unusual places (single note) if
> possible.
>
> I think the most reasonable way is to keep that traditional name.

I don't understand what you mean for the proposed behaviour.

Currently, I set minimum-length = 0 in all Lyric contexts so that I
can place identical lyrics in several voices, all with extenders, but
the extenders appear in the score only when they correspond to melismata.
In other words the extender is permitted to reduce in size to 0, which
seems pretty well what "minimum-length" means.

Will this behaviour change with your proposed patch?

Trevor