Re: music function to be included somewhere in scm/*

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: music function to be included somewhere in scm/*
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 17:31:45 -0000

Alexander Kobel and Knut Petersen wrote Thursday, December 15, 2016 4:45 PM

OK, thanks for your explanations.  Clearly the patch is an improvement for this
use case:

> On 2016-12-15 17:19, Trevor Daniels wrote:
>
> Currently, I set minimum-length = 0 in all Lyric contexts so that I
> can place identical lyrics in several voices, all with extenders, but
> the extenders appear in the score only when they correspond to melismata.
> In other words the extender is permitted to reduce in size to 0, which
> seems pretty well what "minimum-length" means.

Another common use case occurs when the lyrics in several verses have
melismata in different places.  This is usually indicated with dashed slurs,
occasionally even with two such slurs starting on the same note.  When
there are many of these the easiest way is simply to turn off auto-melismata
with   \set melismaBusyProperties = #'() and indicate them with __ and _
manually in the lyrics.  Presumably this behaviour will not change with your
proposed patch?

Trevor