Re: music function to be included somewhere in scm/*

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: music function to be included somewhere in scm/*
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 23:23:54 -0000

Noeck wrote Friday, December 16, 2016 9:08 PM

> Am 16.12.2016 um 17:38 schrieb Alexander Kobel:
>> [2] Side Note: other proposed names for minimum-length so far:
>>
>> (1) minimum-space
>> (2) show-length
>> (3) hide-below-length
>> (4) hide-if-shorter-than
>> (5) minimum-visibility
>> (6) visibility-threshold
>> (7) printing-threshold
>> (8) extender-threshold
>
> At a first glance, the property is still the same, just the behaviour
> for shorter extenders changed:
>
> before: shorter extenders are prolonged
> after:  shorter extenders are not visible
>
> But at a second glance, the minimum-length for LilyPond grobs usually
> means that the object is visible and the length is at least
> minimum-length (for glissandi, etc.). Using it to hide a shorter object
> feels inconsistent, IMHO. So I agree with Werner. But I have no
> favourite naming, all of them sound wrong to me - a slight preference
> for (6).

Definitely not "minimum-length" which means "Try to make a spanner at
least this long."

How about "collapse-length", which would be analogous to "collapse-height"?
This exists already and means "Minimum height of system start delimiter.
If equal or smaller, the bracket/brace/line is removed."

"remove-threshold" is another possibility.

Trevor