Re: Free alternatives to Rietveld?

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Free alternatives to Rietveld?
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 12:10:22 +0100

Hi,

On 2017-01-02 11:50, Federico Bruni wrote:
Il giorno mer 28 dic 2016 alle 20:59, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> ha scritto:
On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 06:35:30PM +0100, Federico Bruni wrote:
 It would be possible to add a configuration option in git-cl so
 you can login in rietveld with a specific browser different from
 the default one?

Certainly!  In the source, I see:

-----
If your browser is on a different machine then exit and re-run
upload.py with the command-line parameter

  --no_oauth2_webbrowser
-----

IIRC that prints a URL string, which you can open with whatever
browser you want (on whichever computer you want).

Thanks! I'll try to remember when I need it.

There's a way to make it the default in my configuration? I see that
config values are saved in .git/config and there are some under
[rietveld]. I wonder if no_auth2_webbrowser=true may work...

Not sure about that; didn't spot anything from a (very) quick glance at the code. However, what you can do is to set up your own defaults:

alias git-cl-nooa="/path/to/git-cl --no_oauth2_webbrowser"
alias git-cl="BROWSER=/usr/bin/echo /path/to/git-cl"

Specifying the BROWSER environment variable instructs git-cl to use this application as browser - which I guess is what you actually wanted in the first place?

Cheers,
Alexander