Re: Staging Broken with last makelsr - incorrect TexInfo command format

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Staging Broken with last makelsr - incorrect TexInfo command format
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 09:22:36 -0600

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 9:00 AM, James <address@hidden> wrote:
> David
>

> On 11/01/17 14:31, David Nalesnik wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 8:26 AM, David Nalesnik
>> <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Sorry about this.  I assumed that the snippet was good to go from
>>> finding its way into the code base, and that makelsr would have caught
>>> anything in any case.
>>>
>>> The problem is pretty easy to fix on my end, but I'm extremely wary of
>>> messing (further) with origin/staging as all I've done to this point
>>> are simple pushes.  A revert would be bad for the project history, so
>>> what would you propose that I do in this case?
>>
>> Is this a case where pushing an amended commit would be super obnoxious?
>

> Well if you did do that, then we would have a commit in master that you
> cannot technically build from, so I think you should remove/revert the
> commit and then repush it (or whatever the git terminology is). However I am
> not a dev so cannot give your more of an idea than that.

Ok, so I will probably do

git revert HEAD

in my staging branch

and push it to origin/staging.

-------

I won't attempt to clear the LSR queue in preparation for my patch
update (as I did) by running makelsr.py again.

When I update my issue, I'll simply add my snippet to snippets/new,
and leave updating the LSR to the future (when the frenched-score
snippet and my proposed snippet and whatever else appears will be
integrated)

Best,
David