Re: How to adjust space between ChordNames and Staff?

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: How to adjust space between ChordNames and Staff?
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 17:15:08 +0200

On 13 January 2017 at 01:20, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thomas Morley wrote Thursday, January 12, 2017 10:26 PM

> >> The spacing between ChordNames and Staff seems a bit tight by default.
> I've
> >> been trying to adjust it but I haven't figured out the right magic words
> >
> > Do it in \layout
> >
> > chordStuff = \chords { c1 d:m }
> >
> > melody = \relative c'' { c4 c c c | d d d d }
> >
> > \score {
> >  <<
> >    \new ChordNames  { \chordStuff }
> >    \new Staff { \melody }
> >  >>
> >  \layout {
> >      \context {
> >        \ChordNames
> >        \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing.padding
> = #10
> >      }
> >  }
> > }
>
> Interesting.  Does that mean the ChordNames and Lyrics contexts behave
> differently wrt the vertical spacing controls when these are placed within
> \with { } block, since Lyrics can be spaced out that way?
>
> If so, is this intended for some reason ... or a bug?
>
> Trevor

Thanks Harm. That did the trick. However, I concur with Trevor about the
confusing difference compared to Lyrics. I assumed that they'd work the
same way so I did not occur to me to try the \layout block. If it /is/ an
intended behaviour, there should probably be a note that the settings won't
work with \with { }.

-Risto