Re: ly2musicxml / possible sponsoring

From: Paul
Subject: Re: ly2musicxml / possible sponsoring
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 11:58:41 -0500

Hello Christoph,

On 01/16/2017 04:24 AM, Christoph Hagemann wrote:

I'm a music professional in Germany. A few years ago I set a large-
scale orchestral project in lilypond (score around 200 pages). Now the
publisher wants MusicXML data. I understand there was some work done on
an export function during last year's GSoC.

Is there any chance for completion? If it helps, I'm willing to put an
resonable amount of money into this and fund the completion of this
feature.

I'd probably be interested in working on this, especially if you are willing and able to sponsor the work to some extent. (Maybe others would also be willing to contribute?)

This was a GSOC 2015 project, and I have a copy of the code. Looking at it again, it seems that it should at least be possible to get it to where it could be used. As is, it should cover some of the needs you listed[0], and perhaps more could be added. (Now that guile2 support has reached a somewhat-usable state, that will help since guile2 is required for the musicxml conversion.)

We should discuss details and expectations, as I wouldn't want to over-promise and under-deliver.

I'm curious about your time frame.  Are there deadlines?

Kind regards,
-Paul Morris

[0] The README file says: "Currently limited to single-voice SequentialMusic contexts of notes, chords, articulations (not all are supported, such as early-music or instrument-specific examples), key signatures, time signatures, and clefs"