Re: Web: Move older news to the attic page (issue 318630043 by address@h

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Web: Move older news to the attic page (issue 318630043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 12:59:13 +0100

Am 27.02.2017 um 12:46 schrieb Federico Bruni:
> Il giorno lun 27 feb 2017 alle 11:49, Urs Liska <address@hidden>
> ha scritto:
>> With the "old news" page the screenshot doesn't really tell me what
>> you did. Would you mind explaining "in plain words", which items are
>> moved from where to where?
>
> He moved the old news to the bottom of this page:
> http://lilypond.org/attic.html

OK, so then the screenshot was wrongly named old-news.png?

But if we do this we should do something about the organization of
different parts of the page.
Probably applying the same method as in
https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5075/, whatever the
eventual outcome of this will be.

>> From the Patch Set overview I have the impression you didn't *move*
>> the news items but rather deleted them (-6393 lines that don't show
>> up anywhere else). Is there maybe some file missing in the patch?
>> Sorry, somewhat confused with the patch.
>
> The old news are now in the file news-old.itexi, which is included
> within the attic section of the website. Probably you did not unfold
> the page on rietveld:
> https://codereview.appspot.com/318630043/diff/1/Documentation/web/news-old.itexi

But news-old.itexi only shows one changed line in the overview. I didn't
realize that it's a new/renamed file with one *additional* change.

So I think it LGTM, with the exception of the above comment about the
nesting, which may be changed in this patch or applied later when 5075
has been decided upon.

Urs

--

address@hidden