Re: Scheme in LilyPond

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Scheme in LilyPond
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 17:51:52 +0200

Am 01.06.2017 um 17:41 schrieb Paul:
> On 06/01/2017 11:03 AM, Charles Winston wrote:
>
>> And I get an error saying that make-note-ev is an unbound variable. I
>> thought that we could call Scheme procedures from the source in
>> lilypond files. What am I missing here?
>
> I'll just add that generally you can call scheme procedures defined in
> source files when they are defined with 'define-public'.  If they are
> defined with 'define' then they probably won't be callable.  In the
> latter case you can often just copy/paste them into your .ly file
> (adding # at the beginning of the opening paren(s)) and use them that
> way.

One more addition: This limitation to define-public is only true for
Scheme files (.scm) that are included with use-modules. All definitions
within LilyPond files are public automatically. So when you write

#(define my-variable "something")

in an included LilyPond file you can always access it directly.

HTH
Urs