Re: Releasing 2.20

From: Paul
Subject: Re: Releasing 2.20
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 19:20:10 -0400

On 06/08/2017 03:31 PM, David Kastrup wrote:

Sounds good to me.  I have a few things I'd like to get into the
stable release, one way or another, if possible.

- Some CSS edits for the docs that I started but havent
finished/submitted for review yet.  I'll try to get that done in the
next few days if I can.
Shouldn't matter a lot regarding stable/unstable but we should get the
bikeshedding finished by release time.

Sounds good.

- Might be worth looking again at issue 3884, either to just go with
the initial patch for now, or try for one of the other approaches in
that discussion?
Ugh, looks like another ball I dropped.  I'll take to pencil and paper
some time tomorrow.

I see you already have a proposal/fix. That was fast! I'll try to take a look and reply in the other thread.

- This doesn't really matter, but it might be worth renaming the
"staffLineLayoutFunction" context property (which is not really about
staff lines...) to something better, maybe
"pitchToStaffPositionFunction" or pitchToStaffPositionProcedure"? (It
takes a pitch and returns an integer indicating a vertical staff
position.  It's used in note-heads-engraver.cc)
Well, discussion needs to have converged really well for changes to
preexisting conventions to get into stable: we don't really want to do
gratuitous changes that might get changed again or do not provide a
definite payback for the hassle.

OK, sounds like a discussion to have for 2.21 / 2.22 then.

A few other possibilities, for later:

  pitchToStaffLayoutFunction

  pitchToStaffLayoutProcedure

  staffPitchLayoutFunction