Making LilyPond quickly

From: Charles Winston
Subject: Making LilyPond quickly
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 10:58:08 -0400

Hi developers,

So far for my chords project, I’ve only been editing Scheme files, so I haven’t
needed to build lilypond at all to test. Now I’m working on C++ files, so I
need to compile in order to test my changes. It’s frustrating that compiling
takes such a long time. I’m just using the “make” command, so I’m making all. I
feel like there must be a way to compile only the specific things I changed.
How would I do that?

Charles