Re: True Hand-engraved Dashed Slurs

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: True Hand-engraved Dashed Slurs
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 22:30:46 +0200

On 27.06.2017 22:15, tisimst wrote:
How often are these split slurs used?
I personally have never had a reason to use them, but I guess they must be
used somewhere.

They’re used in scientific editions e.g. if a slur is begun before the line break, but not continued after in the source.

Any reason this set of settings shouldn't be the default
for \slurDashed? Or maybe a new one with a old-style reference could be
added to property-init.ly? The Barenreiter dashed slurs are (almost)
perfectly matched with the following settings (for an ideal dash length of
0.28 and gap of 0.2):

Take my vote for having it as the default.

Best, Simon