Re: Strange behavior of lilypond-book in self compiled install

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Strange behavior of lilypond-book in self compiled install
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2017 19:09:50 +0200

Il giorno dom 1 ott 2017 alle 17:27, Francisco Vila <address@hidden> ha scritto:
On 29/09/17 09:47, Francisco Vila wrote:
 Hello,
In 2.19.80 (git translation branch) it happens that lilypond-book thinks it is musicxml2ly and behaves as such. When I install our pre-compiled
 version 2.19.65 from the web, everything looks right.

 I lack the knowledge to debug this, but I'd thank any clue to begin
 with. Thank you!

If a program behaving like another program is not the strangest thing
you have seen, well, for me it is.

Both musicxml2ly and lilypond-book are in fact the same program, a
python wrapper, which looks at `basename $0' to decide who is himself. I
still can not imagine which advantage could this provide against
different programs really being different programs, but the reality is
that the practice could potentially lead to a program believing he is
something else, which does not look good.

Everything seems to work fine on my laptop.
As you did not provide any example, I cannot understand what's really going on here. But if the precompiled version works fine while the one run from source doesn't, then it's likely something wrong in your system configuration. What's your default python version?

This is mine:

$ python -V
Python 2.7.13

Here my wisdom comes to an end, and I still --still-- can not figure out why my compiled version called as lilypond-book makes `basename $0' give
musicxml2ly as result. Crazy!

Can you paste some example from your terminal?