Re: regtests for previous stables failing

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: regtests for previous stables failing
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 21:51:14 +0200

> Hello

>> > Ok, will try later, have to leave soon.
>> > Though, I never experienced the problem with more up to date
>> > branches/master in a build-directory.
>>
>> Wait, patchy worked with a separate build.
>>
>> In that case, I can only think of our Makefiles not being compatible
>> with current make (there are also problems with current g++ but you
>> should not even have gotten as far had you encountered those).
>
> address@hidden ~ $ make --version && gcc --version
> GNU Make 4.1
> Built for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
> Copyright (C) 1988-2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> Licence GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
>
> gcc (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.5) 5.4.0 20160609

For me exactly the same!

But in the light of David's last mail I revived my old LilyDev3 which has:
$ make --version && gcc --version
GNU Make 3.81
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for i486-pc-linux-gnu
gcc (Debian 4.7.2-5) 4.7.2

All worked there.

Obviously David was right about the make-version. Do we need to fix
something? At least with more current code all is working as well.

The results of the exercise at
https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5217/#ae0c/7c60/8bbe
ff

Thanks again,