Re: add a generic markFormatter function (issue 337400043 by address@hid

From: lemzwerg
Subject: Re: add a generic markFormatter function (issue 337400043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 00:23:05 -0800

> What about using a list of keys instead of the last five arguments,
where
> non-presence means `false'?  Something like
>
> (define-public format-mark-circle-barnumbers
>   (format-mark-generic '(barnumbers circle bold uppercase))

Good idea though I would prefer two arguments: the first is the
mandatory
“alphabet”

Hmm, not having an `alphabet' specification could also have a default,
namely 'alphabet, so I really don't see a reason for a separate
mandatory argument.

and can be one of 'alphabet, 'omit-i, 'omit-j,

I would prefer 'alphabet-omit-i, 'alphabet-omit-j.

'numbers/'arabic (which one? or both?), 'roman,

Inspite of `arabic' being the opposite of `roman', I vote for 'numbers
and 'roman.

All your other suggestions sound good.

https://codereview.appspot.com/337400043/