Re: Avoid duplicate rehearsal marks in regression tests (issue 334510043

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: Avoid duplicate rehearsal marks in regression tests (issue 334510043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 08:28:20 -0800

I see arguments both for and against such warnings.

• maybe CON, depending on the implementation: It should be possible to
set the first mark in a score to something different than 1 without a
warning.
• CON: a user should be aware that they are responsible for correct
numbering (whatever that means) if they’re not using \mark \default
because the only reason I can imagine not to use \default is when one
wants to have something like out-of-sequence or multiple identical marks
→ warnings would disturb.
• PRO: multiple identical (number/formatted number, not markup) marks
seem silly to me.

https://codereview.appspot.com/334510043/diff/1/input/regression/rehearsal-mark-formatters.ly
File input/regression/rehearsal-mark-formatters.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/334510043/diff/1/input/regression/rehearsal-mark-formatters.ly#newcode7
input/regression/rehearsal-mark-formatters.ly:7: The marks should read
H, K, I, K, 93, XCIV, 9, AB, CC, Dd, xcvi,
That 9 comes from \mark 111 with #format-mark-barnumbers and should be
changed to 7 because you deleted the first two measures.

https://codereview.appspot.com/334510043/