Re: GitHub has been acquired by Microsoft

From: Étienne Beaulé
Subject: Re: GitHub has been acquired by Microsoft
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 15:40:54 -0300

Le lun. 4 juin 2018, à 15 h 17, Wols Lists <address@hidden> a
écrit :

> On 04/06/18 17:58, David Kastrup wrote:
> >> Looking at GitLab's features, their "labels" for status tracking,
>
> > Frankly, I'd expect most systems to work better than our current split
> > between SourceForge as an issue tracker and Rietveld (a
> > Subversion-centric platform) for git commit reviews.
> >
> LibreOffice uses gerrit, but I get the impression that's not that user
> friendly. And LO has the resources to put in to ironing out at least
> some of the rough edges.
>
> Gerrit does not include a bug tracker, and that does seem like the main
focus here. I must agree that Gerrit is not quite user-friendly, but it is
currently going under a redesign (PolyGerrit,
https://gitenterprise.me/category/polygerrit/) which is much more friendly.

Wikimedia currently uses a combination of Phabricator (
https://www.phacility.com/) and Gerrit. Phabricator is a suite of
applications, including for code review and an issue tracker, which
includes tags and the like. It is much more user friendly, but is somewhat
heavy. Importing tasks and code could be done.

Étienne