Re: What's up with grob property "skyline-quantizing" ?

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: What's up with grob property "skyline-quantizing" ?
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 15:21:48 -0700 (MST)

David Kastrup wrote
> Should we stick with that and just drop the name of the property
> altogether?  It does not seem like it has been missed all that much...

Hi David,

For long slurs or (in particular steep ones or ones with strong curvature),
it might be desirable to have a better skyline quantization resolution.
Apart from outside-staff objects, the slur skylines also greatly help to
optimize the overall vertical spacing of the score, so long slurs can't come
as close as they could with a better skyline resoltuion.

But I'd prefer some kind of automatic approximation as it is done for
ellipses.
Mainly depending on the slur length, nothing fancy, just a rough estimate
will do.

All the best,
Torsten

--