Re: Use a stable sort when ordering MIDI items (issue 353790043 by addre

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Use a stable sort when ordering MIDI items (issue 353790043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 03:23:17 +0000

On 10/31/18, 7:32 PM, "Dan Eble" <address@hidden> wrote:

    On Oct 31, 2018, at 14:00, address@hidden wrote:

    > Why not always have our sort use stable_sort?

    Because when someone finally clears away std-vector.hh, they will be more
likely to mess it up if sort() needs to be transformed into stable_sort() than
if the functions parallel those in namespace std.

Great answer.  Thanks.

But I still wonder if we should use both sort and stable_sort.  Seems like we
have no reason (unless it's a performance issue) to use both.

Thanks,

Carl