Re: GSoC Proposal - SVG Export

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: GSoC Proposal - SVG Export
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 09:22:49 -0500

Hi Carl and everyone,

On 12/2/18 8:02 PM, Carl Sorensen wrote:

We used to have black be the color of the glyphs.  We made a very specific and
intentional move from black to currentColor.  And it was an improvement, IMO.
That is why I feel strongly about moving away from currentColor.

currentColor sounds like the right default.  It also seems reasonable to allow the user to override that default and set it to black or another color, depending on their use case.  Maybe that's already possible?  Maybe it's even already possible from the command line?  If not, giving users the option should address the concerns, and would make sense in this kind of GSOC proposal.

Étienne, I really like your proposal.  I'd love to see improvements to SVG, moving towards giving it first-class support in LilyPond.  And kudos for planning ahead.

Cheers,
-Paul