Re: Please test gub

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Please test gub
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 14:24:54 +0100

On 01.02.19 14:09, Alexander Kobel wrote:
Hi,

On 01.02.19 13:51, Knut Petersen wrote:
On 31.01.19 16:04, Alexander Kobel wrote:

and I can cleanly compile the recent poppler 0.73 with openjpeg2 backend from source, with a simple cmake + make.

is there an libopenjpeg1-devel package installed? If not: try to install and rerun gub ...

yes and no - Arch follows the principle that the packages provide both runtimes and development requirements at the same time, so there is no separation as in, e.g., Debian. In particular, I have the headers on my system, and pkg-config is configured correctly:

Moreover, checking with poppler 0.49 as used in GUB, and loosely following the package build script for 0.49 from

https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/plain/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/poppler&id=1626dc8989ffc95eab611e4bd47d54f9b0fcfde0

(nothing too fancy in Arch packaging, yay!), the build succeeds after

  ./configure <--enable-unrelated-stuff> --enable-libopenjpeg=openjpeg1
  make

Note the absence of any paths, flags, etc. - everything is detected automagically:

Building poppler with support for:
  font configuration:  fontconfig
  splash output:       yes
  cairo output:        yes