Re: Please test gub

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Please test gub
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2019 01:21:34 +0100

Hi Knut, hi folks,
On Mon 2019-01-28 13:53 +0100, Knut Petersen wrote:
> Please report success / fails with os / version / cpu info.

With this setup:
- PRs 53-60 (including update to PR 59 on January 27) applied to GUB,
- Ubuntu 14.05 LTS amd64, ran in a chroot from Fedora 29,
- an Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 at 3.16GHz

I had a build of LilyPond binaries, tests and docs without error in
about 8 hours, with master branch; I got also the same with stable/2.20
branch plus a couple of additional commits:
- addition of texinfo/txi-pt.tex from Texinfo sources, as Portuguese
translation has been added and I don't have Texinfo installed in GUB
host system;
- update of texinfo.tex (not necessary, but I did it together with txi-
pt.tex addition)
- application of Masamichi Hosoda patch for issue 5463;
- backport from master of "Add `TEX` environemnt variable for
texi2pdf".
I pushed the resulting branch to dev/jm-stable-2.20 so you may review
this.

I succesfully tested Linux-64 bit binary built from LilyPond master
branch on my Fedora 29 system, on a medium-sized sample.

As for documentation, the text in UTF-8 sample in Snippets is well
rendered in LilyPond output, but non-Latin1 text is not rendered in ly
code quotation in PDF format (this text is also screwed in last 2.19
release, whereas in 2.18 last release only Latin-1 and Cyrillic text is
rendered in ly source).

I've had some trouble doing non clean GUB builds, namely a Python
KeyError with "odcctools-doc".

I'll do other builds from scratch, testing newer pull requests on top
of #53-60, and will also make an attempt on Fedora 29 plus local
install of GCC 7 (with GCC 8 shipped with this distro, tools:guile GUB
build fails, and it seems hard to fix).

Best
--
John Mandereau