Use "simple strings" rather than #"hash-prefixed Scheme strings" (issue

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Use "simple strings" rather than #"hash-prefixed Scheme strings" (issue 363910043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 10:41:33 -0800

Because this represents a change in the documentation policy as listed
in the CG, I think it should be discussed.

While it is easier to not put the hash before the simple string, it is
harder to have to understand which elements need the hash and which do
not.

I think that having the hash is actually easier for a beginner (although
there may be some benefits to having the understanding of when a hash is
necessary and when it is not).

https://codereview.appspot.com/363910043/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/doc-work.itexi
File Documentation/contributor/doc-work.itexi (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/363910043/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/doc-work.itexi#newcode487
Documentation/contributor/doc-work.itexi:487: Staff.instrumentName =
"cello"}
While the automatic conversion did this right, the paragraph now makes
no sense.

In fact, the proposed patch makes this paragraph wrong.   This policy
should be discussed, IMO, before we accept this patch.

https://codereview.appspot.com/363910043/diff/1/Documentation/cs/learning/tweaks.itely
File Documentation/cs/learning/tweaks.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/363910043/diff/1/Documentation/cs/learning/tweaks.itely#newcode1587
Documentation/cs/learning/tweaks.itely:1587: alignAboveContext = "main"
This piece of code shows what, IMO, is the biggest issue we need to
consider with this change.

In the past, one could get along by saying "All properties start with
#", even though it wasn't strictly necessary.  With this new change,
once must understand which properties need # and which don't.

I think the following is correct, although I haven't tested it:

Numbers -- don't need #
Simple strings -- don't need #
Scm values do need #
  Boolean #f, #t
  Symbols
  Scheme expressions

Where will this be documented?

https://codereview.appspot.com/363910043/diff/1/Documentation/de/learning/fundamental.itely
File Documentation/de/learning/fundamental.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/363910043/diff/1/Documentation/de/learning/fundamental.itely#newcode487
Documentation/de/learning/fundamental.itely:487: alignAboveContext =
"Hauptzeile"
IIUC, we should not make the changes in the foreigh language versions of
the documentation -- the translation process does it automatically
through the use of .po file.  Ami I wrong in my understanding?

https://codereview.appspot.com/363910043/