Re: 64-bit version of Lilypond?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: 64-bit version of Lilypond?
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2019 23:45:31 +0100

Karlin High <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2/23/2019 4:11 PM, Carl Sorensen wrote:
>> I have no idea how best to go after creating an OSX 64-bit binary in
>> gub.  I think we can neither provide the Xcode binaries nor find a
>> link that will allow gub to download the binaries.
>
> In research, I've found about 12 different links with info on building
> macOS executables on Linux. Hopefully some of them are useful. This
> one says SDK 10.5 would be sufficient for 64-bit:
>
> <https://devs.openttd.org/~truebrain/compile-farm/apple-darwin9.txt>
>
> I plan to test that. And if GUB's current setup is acceptable to
> Apple, and there hasn't been a big software license change between SDK
> 10.4u and 10.5, surely the needed Apple components could be hosted the
> same way as currently?

I was not able to figure out whether we or anybody else even can legally
distribute our MacOSX binaries.  If we can figure that out for a newer
version, we certainly should do so rather than relying on having done
everything right in the past.  After all, the first MacOSX binaries were
distributed when GPLv2 was still the principal LilyPond license.  It's
quite possible that we dropped the ball somewhere since then and when we
have the possibility to check, we should.