Re: Allow scripts to be defined either as glyphs or stencils. (issue 348

From: dak
Subject: Re: Allow scripts to be defined either as glyphs or stencils. (issue 348120043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 06:01:13 -0800

On 2019/02/24 08:48:22, Valentin Villenave wrote:

I’m still bothered by the way script-interface.cc is written,
specifically the
hardcoded "feta" reference which I tried to address; do you have any
thoughts on
that? (Other than that, it appears there’s very little to salvage from
my patch
:-)

'feta here is nothing other than a particular character lookup scheme to
be used on the other details of the entry.  If you have suggestions for
other, possibly more general useful lookup schemes, they can be added
into the get_stencil procedure.  It would even be possible to use a
'stencil lookup scheme that would buy nothing over just using the
stencil callback other than selection of different stencils for up/down.
 Since you could do that kind of decision equally well in a stencil
callback, that would be quite redundant, however.

The ability to just override the stencil callback renders every such
addition redundant but since the character lookup scheme flag is there,
one might as well use it to allow more than a single choice.

https://codereview.appspot.com/348120043/