Re: Patchy email

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Patchy email
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 14:55:16 +0200

Knut Petersen <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi David!
>
> Thank you for the information you provided. Something is really broken,
> but after quite some time of debugging, I'm beginning to wonder if it really
> is my patch / system or if it might be that origin/master is broken after all.
>
> Could you please verify if  (after adapting the arguments to configure in
> line 6) executing the following commands in your local lilypond repository
> succeeds? Be aware that there is a 'git clean' command, so save your work
> first!
>
>    git clean -dfx

I am not going to git-clean on my current repository/workdirectory since
there is too much temporary stuff in there I might still need.  I will
create a separate clone.

>    git checkout origin/master
>    ./autogen.sh --noconfigure
>    mkdir -p build
>    cd build
>    ../configure --prefix=<path_to_target_dir>
> --with-urwotf-dir=<path_to_urw-core35-fonts_dir>

I don't have urwotf fonts but doubt that would be related to the
musicxml2ly issues.

>    make -j 11 CPU_COUNT=11 all
>    make -j 11 CPU_COUNT=11 test-baseline
>
> Making test-baseline really should succeed - on my system it does _not_
> succeed
> with the current origin/master. If making test-baseline does not succeed:
> Does it
> succeed with my patch (1c51a616e289fffb918942c8f1e189ab50809157)?
>
> Is there a safe way to execute a local patchy test?

Patchy does nothing you cannot do manually.  I don't remember offhand
whether it builds in-place or out-of-place.  lilypond-patchy-staging
does not work with "make check" or "make test-baseline": it merely does
make all, make test, and make doc .  I haven't created a test-baseline
for myself in quite a bit of time.  I'll do that first in my local setup
to check whether that still works.